Monday, April 11, 2011

Dbacks win 10-8 over Reds

What a comeback! The Diamondbacks came back from a 5-0 deficit to win this game 10-8. Joe Saunders was roughed up and ended up having to leave early. Kam Mickolio was brilliant in my opinion and did a very good job keeping the damage minimal giving the Dbacks offense a chance to come back and put some runs on the board. And boy did they make a comeback!

Ryan Roberts with a 3-run blast to left field to take the lead! I just mentioned how much I like this guy in my last post and I am glad to see him come through in a clutch situation. More playing time and I think this guy will be valuable.

Later in the game Chris Young added to the lead with another 3-run homer in the 8th inning to put the home team up 10-7. Chris Young's defense was also superb as he made a brilliant catch in the ninth inning to save a couple of runs.

JJ Putz was able to punch out a pinch-hitter and Jay Bruce to earn himself a save. I like what I'm seeing out of Putz but I think he needs to throw more strikes and stop dancing around batters. Have confidence and go right at them!

The Dbacks are playing .500 ball right now at 4-4. I hope they can keep this up but I just don't see how the young pitching staff and solid play of some of these veterans can hold up. Willie Bloomquist is human...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment